Monday, December 19, 2011

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.


Cop shop. Approaching the corner or Argyle and Liverpool. Hobart CBD. December 2011.

The Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (and videos of fat people getting upset over the treatment of rich and famous people they will never know.) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning...

  • It's devolution baby. The Twentieth Century as America’s cultural landscape altered every twenty or so years. These days popular style is stuck on repeat, consuming the past instead of creating the new...

  • Wired offers its Five Best Toys of All Time. Best of all? You can snare all five for X-mas for less than a dollar!

  • Moral philosopher Joshua Cohen touches on some hot button issues in this interview. I think he nails it on the topic of inequality.

  • Vladimir Putin. He's back in the news.

  • Mitt Romney leaps on Vietnam Vet for a photo opportunity, Vet happens to be gay and asks a few awkward questions...

  • Watch Henry narrate a searing performance of Three Billy Goats Gruff at the Lindesfarne North Primary K2 end-of-year performance...

  • Freakonomics: What Went Wrong?

  • Use your brain and teach children to read properly. Tips and tricks on early learning.
  • 3 comments:

    Swarthy said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    taopants said...

    How I found your blog is completely random, but glad I did. I really the arts & crafts, art deco, etc. There architecure. I enjoy finding them tucked away in the scenery. The first clue, to me, is they are usually the buildings that seem "out of place" for some reason. The fish and chip stand is a good pic. I look forward to checking back in to your blog

    taopants said...

    How I found your blog is completely random, but glad I did. I really the arts & crafts, art deco, etc. There architecure. I enjoy finding them tucked away in the scenery. The first clue, to me, is they are usually the buildings that seem "out of place" for some reason. The fish and chip stand is a good pic. I look forward to checking back in to your blog.