- Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
- Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene
- Götz and Meyer by David Albahari
- The Blue Flower by Penelope Fitzgerald
- One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- The Invention of Curried Sausage by Uwe Timm
Sunday, December 18, 2011
It is a vain hope to make people happy by politics.
Sheep on a hill. Clifton Beach. November 2011. Blogger seems to have buggered up the header (again). Fingers crossed that it will correct itself without any need for me to lift a finger (again). A very special Sunday Top Five today, with the now annual Top
Five NINE Books That I've Read This Year! The rationale is pretty straightforward, it doesn't have to be a new book, just something that I've read this year. The nine were decided from the marking system I've been using on Goodreads (a handy tool for tracking your reading habits). All of these books received the illustrious Five Stars. If you click the link, you can read the review. I generally avoid giving spoilers.