Skip to main content

Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything.


Chains of love. Marieville Esplanade, Sandy Bay. December 2011.

This week's Q and A has been filched from many years ago on Sunday Stealing: The Final Week of 20092011 Meme

1. What did you do in 20092011 that you'd never done before?
I took Henry and Ezra to Melbourne.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really do them. I'm trying to be a little more healthy next year.

3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
In bed.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just Australia.

6. What would you like to have in 20102012 that you lacked in 20092011?
A little more peace and quiet.

7. What date from 20092011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Henry's first day of Kindergarten, because it was... well.... Henry's first day at Kindergarten.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not killing anybody.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not killing anybody.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing worth mentioning.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got some lovely sorbet the other day...

12. Where did most of your money go?
Food, mortgage and power bills.

13. What song will always remind you of 20092011?
I Sell Comics by Courage My Love.

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Running.

15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting.

16. What was your favourite TV program?
I can't say I've watched much at all. I did like World's Filthiest Cities and am enjoying Impractical Jokers.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
There is probably someone out there.

18. What was the best book you read?
I really enjoyed Götz and Meyer by David Albahari

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I rediscovered Chopin. That was nice.

20. What was your favourite film of this year?
I'm not sure that I saw a film this year. When did I see Toy Story 3?

21. What did you do on your birthday?
I honestly can't recall. I might have went to work.

22. What kept you sane?
Did it?

23. Who did you miss?
Peace and quiet.

24. Who was the best new person you met?
Ummmmm....

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 20092011.
“It doesn't get any easier.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut