Skip to main content

Everything changes but change.


Two buildings side by side. The corner of Macquarie and Harrington Streets, Hobart. January 2012.

Tuesday Q and A and I continue to steal questions from Sunday Stealing. This week I am stealing The Never Ending Meme, Part Two.

21. Did you go to your high school prom?
I went to my year 10 school ball. I wore a suit. Does that count?

22. Perfect time to wake up?
Around 5:30 am is good.

23. Perfect time to go to bed?
When it gets dark.

24. Do you use your queen right away in chess?
No, I stick to the prawns early on.

25. Ever been in a car accident?
Just the odd car through a fence. No broken windscreens of anything like that.

26. Closer to mum or dad… or neither?
I moved to the other end of the island.

27. What age is this exciting life over for you?
I’m not sure I understand the question. I think that I will say ‘29’.

28. What decade during the 20th century would you have chosen to be a teenager?
The 1990s was probably as good as any.

29. Favourite shoes you have EVER owned?
There has probably not been a standout pair, but I did have some brown Adidas sneakers that I liked very much.

30. Do you have an article of clothing you have had since you were in high school?
Cripes. No I do not. I do have the odd article hanging about from the three years after high school though.

31. Were you in track and field?
I participated in some track and field events in my time. Never really in I though. We don’t have that naff red blazers with big letters on them here in Australia through like you see in American television shows.

32. Were you ever in a school talent show?
I believe that I was once or twice. Primary School though.

33. Have you ever written in a library book?
Not to my recollection.

34. Allergic to?
I have a reaction to the action of Immunoglobulin E and other anaphylatoxins, which act to release histamine and other mediator substances from mast cells. The culprits include peanuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts, pistachios, almonds and Brazil nuts. Good times

35. Favourite fruit?
I have many favourite fruits. At the present moment, I think that I will chose raspberries.

Comments

Roddy said…
Isn't change in a constant flux?

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral