Skip to main content

A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right.


Is that a Russian on that yacht? The Derwent, as seen from Alexandra Battery, Sandy Bay. January 2012.

Tuesday Q and A and I am already back at work after losing my week's break to the flue.

BAH!

This week it is The Battle of the Memes

1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you?
I don't buy 'em!

2. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?
I have been known to both make and buy gifts for people.

3. Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where?
We are headed to the Tasmanian Rivera, the sunny north-west coast!

4. What was the best party you've ever been to?
I have never been much of a party-person. Anything relaxed and laid back is more my scene.

5. If you are married, describe your wedding. If not, what would your ideal wedding be like?
Our wedding was nigh on THREE THOUSAND kilometres from home, with nobody else about to bother us. I'd say that's pretty ideal...

6. What's the most romantic thing that's ever been said to you?
Something about wanting to make babies.

7. What's your favourite romantic song?
Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On.

8. Favourite heartbreak song?
Wilco's She's A Jar.

9. Which celebrity would you like a dream date with?
Christ almighty, another 'date'! I don't know. I don't think much about celebrities.

10. Which female celebrity do you find beautiful?
Juliette Binoche.

11. Which male celebrity do you think is attractive?
Friedrich Engels.

12. Describe the kind of underwear you normally wear.
Boxer briefs.

13. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?
Louie. I should fit right in!

14. Which character would you like to be?
I'd be me!

15. What are your favorite boy and girl names?
Henry/ Ezra (tie) and ummm, Audrey.

16. What's your supermarket of choice?
We've been using Coles for a while now.

17. What is your best character trait?
My intestinal fortitude.

18. What is your worst habit?
Stubbornness.

19. Elaborate on your default icon.
Huh?

20. What is your current relationship status?
Happily married.

21. Ever have a near death experience?
Not that I am aware of.

22. Name an obvious quality about you?
I am not certain that I would be the person to ask. Maybe "playful".

23. What’s the name of a song stuck in your head right now?
Rather clichéd to say Adele's Rolling in the Deep.

24. Name a celebrity you would marry.
A wealthy, stupid one.

25. Do you like pain?
That's an absurdly stupid question. I tolerate pain, but no, I don't 'like' it.

Comments

Vince said…
Always enjoy hearing you talk more about yourself Krispy. You're probably one of the most interesting people I've met in this existence.
Re "Rolling in the Deep" - I heard a great mashup track of that and one of its sources, Rolling Stones's Gimme Shelter. Terrific.
Kris McCracken said…
Every Tuesday Vince!

She's got a great set of pipes on her. I'm sure the bloke who dumped her is regretting it now.

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral