Tuesday, January 10, 2012
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.
Tuesday Q and A and I am back to stealing questions from Sunday Stealing. This week I am stealing The Never Ending Meme, Part One.
1. Song that always makes you sad?
R.E.M.’s Try Not To Breathe.
2. Last thing you bought?
A wheelbarrow. Unassembled.
3. Last person you argued with?
Ezra. He’s a particularly argumentative chap.
4. Do you put butter before putting the peanut butter on?
I’d shoot myself in the head before putting peanut butter on.
5. One of your stuffed animals’ names as a kid?
I honestly can’t remember. This saddens me.
6. Did you ever at one time own a Barenaked Ladies CD?
Barenaked Ladies? They had a song in Shrek, didn’t they? If they did, that’s about all the Barenaked Ladies facts I have. If they didn’t, I know even less about the Barenaked Ladies than I thought. If you’re talking about bare-naked ladies, I might get interested…
7. Favourite day of the week?
8. Favourite sundae topping?
9. Did you take piano lessons?
No I did not take piano lessons.
10. Most frequent song played?
According to Lastfm, the most frequently played track on my computer (and sound system) since August 2005 is… The Spencer Davis Group’s Gimme Some Lovin'.
11. T.V. show you secretly enjoy?
I don’t enjoy any in secret. If I like it, I like it. I am liking HBO’s 24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the NHL Winter Classic at the moment.
12. Would you rather play basketball or hockey?
I’ve played basketball before and am not very good at either ice skating or field hockey.
13. Date someone older or younger?
Three months older.
14. One place you could travel right now?
15. Do you use umbrellas?
I am of the opinion that men who use umbrellas are not in fact men.
16. Do you know all the words to the Canadian national anthem?
It starts with “Oh Canada”. That’s about all I know.
17. Favourite cheese?
A nice sharp cheddar is good.
18. The Smith’s or The Cure?
The Smiths. 100%
19. Do you prefer blondes or brunettes?
Brunettes. They have significantly more fun.
20. Best job you ever had?
Cripes. I’m not sure I’ve ever had a ‘best’ one. There are elements of different jobs that I have enjoyed more than others. I always enjoyed the teaching component of university. The challenge of explaining/ exploring complex ideas related to political theory to the uninitiated can be quite agreeable, if you see the results.