Tuesday, February 28, 2012
The more a man knows, the more he forgives.
Clean your windows! Princes Street, Sandy Bay. February 2012.
Tuesday Q and A and we continue to trawl our way through The 99'er Meme: Final Part. This week, I reveal the origin of my marriage!
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
In the immortal words of Bananrama: Love, Truth and Honesty.
And lots and lots of hot, steamy sex.
77) How did/ could someone win your heart?
Aside from the lots and lots of hot, steamy sex?
78) In your world, what brings on more creativity?
Being relaxed and having time, space and a bit of peace and quiet.
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Cripes, that is a hard question. Accepting the offer of a beer from a very attractive lady many years ago turned out okay...
80) Why did you break up with your last ex?
I never really had a last ex. Alternatively, maybe I am fooling myself...
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
I’m not keen on tombstones. If I did it would hopefully be suitably pithy and humorous.
82) What is your favourite word?
We’ve dealt with this one before. In all languages I like 'Lebensmüde'. In English, maybe 'oscillation'.
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word: delusional.
See question 88.
84) What is a saying you use a lot?
“Anyone who isn’t confused doesn’t really understand the situation.”
85) Are you watching Idol this season? If yes, how do you like it?
Idol? Billy Idol?
86) Were you surprised that House got cancelled?
House? Little House on the Prairie? Didn’t Lil’ Joe die years ago?
87) What is your current desktop picture?
It cycles through. At present it is this one.
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
Well I know who but prudence forbids one from further disclosure.
89) What would be a question where you'd not tell the truth?
One can usually steer an answer away from an outright lie, but at the same time not be an outright truth. For example, my answer to the question “what do you think of this?” is rarely a 100 percent truthful one...
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by WEEPING ANGELS. The Weeping Angles aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What would you do?
Worry about my health.
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
The ability to generate a healthy revenue stream without having to do much.
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
So just ‘re-live’ as is, but not alter? If so, hmmmmmmmm... Am I aware of the present when I am ‘re-living’ the past? Whether I am or not would influence my choice of experience...
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
I dunno. Something where immaturity hurt someone else’s feelings. Not a short list.
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. (let's say that you are both single and available) Who might it be?
Well, at least it beats the usual “date” question. I don’t know. Someone nice and clean.
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Right now? Is it return? If it is, I’ll go to Budapest.
96) Do you have any relatives or friends in jail?
Not at the moment (to my knowledge).
97) Who's winning the U.S. Republican presidential nomination? Why?
Who cares? One presumes it will be ‘Mitt’ or someone with an equally stupid name... (I mean really, who names a child “Newt’?!?)
98) Who's winning the next U.S. Presidential election?
One assumes it will be an anti-climactic win for what is a rather mediocre incumbent. Ho-hum. I would have liked to have seen someone challenge Obama from the left and force a little less in the way of fine words and a little more in the way of action. From this part of the world Obama looks like the best Republican President in years...
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
Shut up and stop being so bloody stupid!