Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Die stahlhartes Gehäuse. State Library of Tasmania, Hobart. March 2012.
Another Thursday another Q and A stolen from Sunday Stealing! This week: The Her Head Is Part Missing Meme.
1. What is your most annoying habit?
Being always right seems to annoy a lot of people!
2. What habit would you change of your partners? (come on no-one is perfect!) [Editor's note: Not only does it assume you have A partner, but it is written as though you have multiple ones. If you do not currently have a partner or many partners, simply tell us about your last one. BW]
The tendency towards self-flagellation in the area of parenting is something that I would like to see altered.
3. Horrors or Chick Flicks?
Erm… Philosophically maudlin Eastern European mediations on the nature of being.
4. What is the most outrageous thing you have done in the back row of the movies?
Throwing sticky Jaffas.
5. When have you lied to get a job?
I’ve never lied to get a job. What would be the point? Some way or another your duplicity would be revealed and your reputation damaged.
6. What one thing is on your list to do before you hit 30, 40, 50 or whatever significant birthday is next?
I would really like to knock off a significant overseas trip with the family in the next five years.
7. Classic or modern films and why?
Good movies. I don’t care when they were made, as long as they are halfway decent.
8. If you were a vampire who would be the first person you would bite?
I’d probably go vegetarian.
9. If you had the power to make one thing better, what would it be?
Just one thing? Okay, I would wave my wand and stop people from being so bloody selfish!
10. What makes a great blog?
11. What was the inspiration that brought your blog to the blogosphere?
Henry, initially. Then another little bloke named Ezra. Primarily it has been about having a vehicle to allow relatives scattered about the place to keep an eye on their development.
12. What easily ticks you off (puts you in a bad mood quickly)?
Incompetence. When someone is paid good money to do a job and is overwhelmingly incompetent, my dander is sure to be risen.
13. How many children do you have?
I have two. Have you not noticed them?
14. Is there anything you have ever regretted writing on your blog?
If I was to regret it I would not post it in the first place. I’m like Édith Piaf, Non, je ne regrette rien!
15. What’s your favorite blog post you have written this year so far?
The year really isn’t very old yet. I don’t know if I have a favourite. Off the top of my head I nominate… this one.
16. Do you ever enter other bloggers competitions, and have you ever been lucky?
No I don’t, so I guess have haven’t! I must admit that I’m not even aware of such competitions. Where do they hide them?
17. If you could be anyone else for the day, who would you choose and why?
Didn’t I answer this last week? Alright, I won’t choose Rupert again, so this week I’ll be Vladimir Putin. Why?
18. If you could time travel to any period of history what era would you visit?
Good question. If zipping there also enabled me to speak whatever language was used, I reckon that 1917 in Petrograd would have been an interesting time to have been out and about. If I was stuck just talking the language that I speak right now, to be a fly on the wall during the Yalta Conference would be fascinating.
19. If you had to be genetically modified, would you rather have a third arm, a third leg, a second head or some other modification???
I can’t say I’d opt for a third arm or re-sprout the second head. If I had to be genetically modified, I would probably opt for some kind of neuromuscular enhancement that diminished (eliminated?) physical fatigue and granted me superior aerobic capacity.
20. Which Disney character can you most relate to?
Donald Duck shows a degree of stubbornness and commitment that I can relate to. Sure, he has a short temper but it does seem to be balanced by a generous nature and positive outlook on life. There is also the added bonus of being able to not wear any pants. If I could, I’d like to wander the day liberated from the tyranny of the outer garment for the lower part of the body!