Tuesday, March 13, 2012
If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.
Scratches. Emu Heights, Burnie. February 2012.
Tuesday Q and A today and this week we visit The Eve Was Framed Meme. A good mix of questions here, including a few that we haven't seen before!
1. Why is your favourite colour your favourite?
Blue is my favourite colour because I like the colour blue. Why? I dunno. It looks decent on me. The ocean is often blue and I love the ocean.
2. Do you prefer dogs or cats or do you just hate animals, and want to kill baby seals?
I prefer cats but – to be frank – I’m happiest when animals are running around outside as part of nature.
3. How much time do you spend on the computer?
A lot. Probably too much.
4. Not including porn, what do you do on the computer?
Work. Read. Play games. Watch things. Communicate. The usual.
5. Are you a clock-watcher?
A watched clock never boils!
6. What do you/did you look for in a partner?
7. What type of clothing do you prefer?
Casual clothes. I like shorts.
8. What is your favourite type of music?
I couldn’t pick one type. I like all sorts.
9. Do you believe in the paranormal, Ghosts, ESP, levitation, spoon bending?
I am a man of science. While I understand that many are attracted to the allure of things that lay outside the range of scientific experience, I find that most things have a reasonable rational explanation.
10. The most important question: Do you have a inie or outie belly button?
11. What kind of car do you drive?
I don’t drive. I walk. And catch the bus.
12. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or The Boys Are Back in Town?
I like both, but Girls Just Wanna Have Fun just pips it. It’s an incredibly good pop song.
13. Camping or the Ritz?
The Ritz. By a long stretch. We haven’t evolved all this way just to end up cramped and cold and being eaten alive by mosquitoes!
14. What food are you craving RIGHT NOW . . . did you eat it?
I have a reasonable constant craving for hot chips every second of the day. I haven’t had hot chips for four months. I tell myself that in the denial of my desire I am truly liberated. It’s working for the moment.
15. The most thrilling place you've ever visited. Why?
I was awfully excited to visit Prague. Lots of history all about and it was different enough to be thrilling but similar enough to not overwhelm.
16. If you could slip into the skin of one public figure – celebrity, artist – who would it be?
Rupert Murdoch. Just to see what mischief I could get up to.
17. Look up from your computer. What do you see first?
Four bananas and three apples.
18. Sum up your philosophy of life in one sentence. You can borrow it from someone else, if you'd like.
Anyone who isn’t confused doesn’t really understand the situation.
19. Name the one thing you just don't understand about kids today.
Tricky. Sometimes I wonder how kids ever make it out of childhood, the way the carry on sometimes. If you mean ‘kids’ by ‘young people today’, I do wonder how they’ll cope if the gizmos and gadgets all suddenly stop working. That is a very Western-centric take on it though...
20. If you could steal one work of art from a museum or gallery, which would it be?
I’d rather not. I’m not much of a thief and it is selfish to take something that everybody should be able to enjoy and lock it away for yourself. I would accept a nice print of Paul Klee’s The Golden Fish or J.M.W. Turner’s The Fighting "Temeraire" tugged to her last berth to be broken up though. Of perhaps Bouguereau's La Naissance de Vénus for the bedroom...