There is a hole in my plan. Lindisfarne Village, Lindisfarne. March 2012.
Tuesday Q and A and we visit the mysterious Scottish Meme!
1. Where are you from and where do you live now?
I am from the city of Burnie - on the Tasmanian Riviera (the north west coast)- but I now live in Hobart, which is 600 kilometres away to the south east.
2. Favourite childhood story/ book/ film?
No single one in particular. Off the top of my head I know that I enjoyed Peter and the Wolf, George's Marvellous Medicine and Watership Down.
3. If you could change gender for a day what would you do?
Once I shifted from in front of the mirror I might nip down to the pool.
4. Do you feel you family is complete or would you like more/some children?
I think that we're right. Four seems a good amount. Any more kids and we are outnumbered!
5. What do you do/Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
I'm currently aiding community-based mental health services in the development of their workforce(s). It has its moments.
6. Which three words do you think sum you up?
I do try.
7. If you were a fairy what magical powers would you possess?
8. If you were invisible, where would you go and what would you do? Why?
I'd try and turn it into a quid, somehow.
9. What song can’t you listen to without crying?
Bonnie Tyler's .
10. Which book changed your life – or at least made you think a lot?
I know that the first time I read Catch-22 was an experience. I re-read entire chapters because I was getting that much from them first time around.
11. Why do you blog?
Cripes... I think I've forgotten.
12. What is your top ‘me-time’ tip?
Walking to the bus stop a little more slowly.
13. What can’t you live without?
14. Which of all your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
Probably those on and around Ezra's birth. It's a nice record to have of the time.
15. Have you ever met a famous person? Who and where?
I bumped into Simon Madden after getting sent to the principal's office back in Grade 9. That was a nice surprise.
16. When did you last have a full night's sleep?
17. What would you think is harder: Going to work or staying at home with children?
They're different kinds of hard. It's hard work with little kids all day, but by the same token it isn't a barrel of monkeys going out to work all day to come home to little kids in your time off!
18. What are you doing for Easter?
19. What is your favourite drink?
At the moment it is grapefruit juice. I like a tart raspberry fizz though too.
20. Do you play any sports?
Not at the moment.
21. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Far too many to choose. Nothing so bad that I can't just bury it with mounds of cynicism though...
22. How clever are you?
Clever enough to know the limitations of my cleverness.
23. Name a new favourite TV show?
24. Any guilty pleasures?
Life is to short to feel guilty about things that you enjoy!
25. If you could have chosen your own name, what would it be?
26. Who do you most admire in life, and why?
Anyone who just gets on with it is worthy of my admiration.
27. What is your most treasured possession?
28. Tell your favourite funny joke…
"How much does Jesus love you?"
[[[Now spread your arms and look mopey]]]
29. What is your biggest fear in life?
Sharks with halitosis.
30. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream? What does it remind you of?
Coffee. It reminds me of coffee.