Thursday, March 29, 2012

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.


Two fool-proof hiding places! Derwent Avenue walking path, Lindisfarne. March 2012.

Bear with me for a MOMENT…

Theme Thursday has come around and I am kind-of trapped in the MOMENT. You know what I mean, it happens now and again. A MOMENT slows down and it, well, not quite pauses but it floats. It lingers and it exists for much more than a mere MOMENT. For that MOMENT, everything stops. Sound stops. Movement stops and even though it probably isn’t really more than a MOMENT or even a fraction of a MOMENT, it feels real (really-real? Hyper-real?) for much, much more than a MOMENT.

It’s like the first time that you decided that you were going to lean in and kiss her. You steel yourself and prepare yourself for the MOMENT. But it itself is a MOMENT and you don’t want to be lost in the MOMENT but the point of such a MOMENT is to get lost in the MOMENT.

Are you following me?

5 comments:

Roddy said...

You will have to give me a moment, I think I am lost.
Bear with me, but are these two boys of equal height?

Kris said...

It is a trick of the eye. Ezra's pole is a little bit closer giving the effect of the same size. Henry has a good four or five inches on him still.

Mrsupole said...

You mean the boys are actually hiding behind the poles, it is amazing because I cannot see them. Wait, I need a moment to study the picture a little better, I think I do see some ears growing on the poles but still no boys.

It is funny how they do look almost the same size but when I first saw the red paint on Henry's pole I thought it was to mark Ezra's height and to show that Henry was taller.

But then after another moment of looking at it I was not so sure.

Either way it is a cute picture and the boys are totally worth a moment of time.

Happy Theme Thursday, thanks for sharing this with us.

God bless.

janaki nagaraj said...

This is a beautiful moment.

Kris said...

Mrsupole, they have a lot to learn.

Janaki, it was a trying day.