Tuesday, May 15, 2012
An artist cannot speak about his art any more than a plant can discuss horticulture.
Spindly dongers (at least that's what Henry calls them) on trees. Royal Botanical Gardens, Hobart. April 2012.
In the absence of another reader contribution (reader?), I am back to stealing from Sunday Stealing this week. Thus, I present to you Part Two of the Semi Charmed Meme
21. A better name for me would be: something German. Jürgen Grüßer or some such.
22. I have a hard time understanding: why people don’t ask more questions.
23. If I ever go back to school, I’d: enjoy myself more than the first few runs at it.
24. You know I like you if: you see me again.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: my lovely wife and children.
26. If I could bring back a TV show for a reunion it would be: Deadwood.
27. Take my advice, never: think that merit on its own will get you anywhere.
28. My ideal breakfast is: porridge with fresh raspberries.
29. A song I love, but do not own is: I honestly cannot think of one. If I ‘love’ a song, I must possess it!
30. If you visit my hometown, I'd suggest: keeping your preconceptions and prejudices to yourself and just try to enjoy yourself.
31. If I could meet a couple of my blog buddies, I'd include: anyone who wanted to be included!
32. Why won’t people: stop being so bloody selfish all the time?
33. If you spend the night at my house: I expect you to be very quiet after 8 pm.
34. I’d stop everything for: a chance of peace and quiet.
35. The world could do without: people always hatin’ on each other.
36. The last time I got drunk I: couldn’t get up the stairs.
37. My favourite blonde is: a brunette!
38. Paper clips are more useful than: spinal meningitis.
39. If I do anything well, it’s: likely to go by unremarked upon.
40. And by the way: I have a headache and am in a bit of a shitty mood, so the answers might be skewed a little bit.