Some artists have been busy here. To the back and side of the Centrepoint Arcade, off Murray Street, Hobart CBD. May 2012.
The Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (as well as a lot of pop up ads.) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning..
- A rant on why it is not a bad thing to place a ban those big buckets of fizzy drinks
- Lenin used to say that the fundamental law of revolution is that for a revolution to take place, it is not enough for the exploited and oppressed masses to realise the impossibility of living in the old way, and demand change. For a revolution to take place, it is essential that the exploiters should not be able to live and rule in the old way. Former Chief Economist of the World Bank, Joseph Stiglitz, explores the 1 per cent’s problem, whereas the widening financial divide cripples the U.S. economy, even those at the top will pay a steep price…
- Just because it is. On why you should never, ever use two spaces after a full stop.
- I still haven’t decided for myself, you YOU can vote for your top three Australian books either by clicking on the shortlist, or by nominating your own!
- Once considered the preserve of savages, criminals, sailors and prostitutes, tattooing is now mainstream. History Today explores how tattoos shifted from the margins to polite society…