The Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (if you read this, can you let me know?) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning..
- Busting a medical myth: shaved hair grows back faster and thicker. Bonus? It was written by Dr Michael Vagg!
- A really interesting long interview with Terry Eagleton. This bit in particular caught my eye, "Most people I know in academia want to get out... The neo-managerial ethos has effectively brought to an end a 200-year-old tradition of the university as a centre of critique." Depressingly, I can't help but agree with him.
- On the development of A Unified Theory of Muppet Types.Who knew Bert and Ernie represent a perfect summation of the entire dynamic of human tendencies and interaction?
- You might want to read this outstanding essay on measuring happiness. It critiques the new "science" of hedonics. "We do not need more hedonomics or utilonomics or freakonomics. We need humanomics".
- Do you like to read? Do you like to walk? If the answer to both of these is 'yes', you might like this: A Book Lover's Guide to Reading and Walking at the Same Time. I must confess that as someone who does this every day, it really is not that difficult...