Tuesday, June 12, 2012
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.'
There is some halfway decent grafitti about town, you just have to know where to look. The lane-way just off Murray Street out by Centrepoint. May 2012.
Tuesday means questions and answers, this week back to thieving from Sunday Stealing with The Imaginary Meme, Part One!
1. Have you ever peed your pants as an adult?
Not that I am aware of.
2. Who do you have a celebrity crush on now?
I am not certain that I even know any relevant celebrities at the moment. I will be frank and say that celebrity status in itself is a bit of a turn off.
3. Would you date someone you met online?
Only if my wife said that it was okay.
4. Do you wear underwear always?
Not always. I like to hang free every now and again.
5. Do you hate yourself at times?
Never hate. Occasionally I don’t fully approve of myself.
7. Do you like dirty movies?
It really depends on the quality of the acting…
8. Could you believe Josha Ledet was voted off Idol?
Who what now?
9. When was the last time that you bought a car?
The next time will be the first time.
10. Have you ever been camping?
A long time ago now. As someone who always seems to be number one of the mosquito hit list, I am not a fan. We’ve advanced too far as a society to be messing about camping!
11. How many times a day do you go on Facebook?
It depends on the day. A couple at least.
12. What was the last movie you saw in a theatre?
Cripes. I think that would be Juno.
13. Have you ever worried that you'd cut off a limb?
No. I did worry that I took the top off my finger once…
14. Where did you get your last e-mail from?
My darling wife!
15. Favourite website?
Google Reader is a really useful aggregator for me to keep on top of the [quickly checks the number of feeds] 223 feeds that I currently have on the go.
16. Are you down with ghetto?
While I am all for self-empowerment, I do worry that the idealisation or embrace of those cultural elements that have had a tendency to hold people back or engender prejudice. That is, if you are stereotyped as violent or thuggish, I am not certain how asserting a violent or thuggish front is going to help alter other people’s ignorance.
17. Will the world end in fire or ice?
History would say that it will likely be a combination of the two; i.e. catastrophic events causing spectacular emissions that will drastically cool the Earth, thus killing most forms of life. Regardless, one day our Sun will burn itself out and we’ll all be stuffed then.
18. Do you believe in the afterlife?
19. Would you be upset if Facebook stopped working?
I’d probably be irritated for a while, but given that the it has always been a free service I would no doubt move on to the next thing.
20. How did you start your blog?
My first son Henry was born and I was taking a lot of photographs of him. I thought that uploading them online would be an easy way for relatives in distant locals to admire him/ watch him grow. 5 years, 4 months and 5 days and 3,496 posts later, here we are!