Tuesday, June 05, 2012
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Me and my shadow. Quayle Street, Sandy Bay. May 2012.
Another Q and A, you say?
Sunday Stealing, you ask?
Why yes, this week, it's Part Two of the Get Out of Jail Free Meme! (And appears to have been written by someone with low literacy levels...)
21. Has there ever been anyone that now you regret meeting?
There has been more than a few of these. Charlatans, timewasters and generally anyone with dishonest intent. There are a few of them about.
22. What's the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
It was Disney’s Peter Pan. If you have kids, I’d recommend it. It kept them transfixed throughout, so on that score it is a winner. I’m not sure why Peter needed that ‘moms, pops and apple pie’ accent though. It grated with me.
23. Would you rather have roommates or live alone?
Why do people say ‘roomates’ when I assume that they mean ‘housemates’ or ‘flatmates’? Or do people in the US actually continue to share rooms into adulthood? No wonder people are always shooting each other or biting people’s faces off. To the questions, no, living alone doesn’t appeal to me.
24. Do you like any of your friends a little more than just a friend?
¿No Comprende? Are you asking if I have any kind of romantic or sexual designs on an otherwise Platonic friend? If so, no I don’t. If you mean do I have hierarchies of ‘like’ in friends, of course!
25. Post a rather current song that you'd like us to hear.
I’m enjoying Europe, the new album from Allo Darlin’. The first single is called Capricornia. I like it.
27.Tell us what the best part of being a parent is.
Watching somebody who is part you, part someone else, but very much themselves grow, evolve and change is a rather mind-blowing experience. I’m not sure that it is comparable with anything else.
28. Do you give money to homeless people when they ask?
No. I have been known to give food though.
29. A weekend in Las Vegas or Miami? Why?
Pass. I’d honestly rather stay home than go to either of those towns.
30. What was your reaction to the President supporting gay marriage?
“What took you so long?”
31. You are totally alone on a Saturday. What do you do?
Tidy up. Enjoy the peace and quiet. Read a book. Play a game.
32. You have 3 months left to live, what is your bucket list?
I hear a lot about this ‘bucket list’ business, but am not 100% certain that I understand it. Storing things in a bucket? I expect that I would work out things that I wanted to do with Jen and the kids and try and get out there and do them. I’d no doubt be writing a lot of stuff down/ recording stuff for the boys to consider as they get older.
33. You're having a bad day, what one thing can make your day better?
34. Ever use a tanning bed?
No. Never would, either.
35. Is there anything you would change about your body if you could?
I’d stop it aching so much.
36. You wake up in an unfamiliar place, what is your first reaction?
“What have I done?”
37. Is there anything that you should be doing right now?
Lots of things.
38. At what age do you think that sex becomes less important? Why?
I hope that it never becomes less important that it is. That is, it is important as it needs to be at any given point in time and place.
39. What is your favourite breakfast food?
Porridge and fresh fruit.
40. Your phone rings at 4am, who do you expect it to be?
I don’t care who it is, I’m not answering it.