Tuesday, July 31, 2012
At times it is folly to hasten at other times, to delay. The wise do everything in its proper time.
Blurry goose. Geilston Bay boat ramp, Geilston Bay. July 2012.
Tuesdays mean another pilfered Q and A from Sunday Stealing! This week, the very appropriate The Too Tired to Think Meme, Part 1...
1. You have 10 dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do you get?
Some apples, maybe some water. I’ll pocket the change.
2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
A Great White Shark.
3. Who’s your favourite redhead?
‘Favourite redhead’. Now there is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one!
4. What do you order when you’re at IHOP?
[Googles IHOP]. If I had been to the ‘IHOP’ (assuming that first I had heard of the ‘IHOP’), I think that I would order the ‘SIMPLE & FIT Fresh Fruit & Yogurt Bowl’.
5. Last book you read?
Swindled: The Dark History Of The Food Cheats by Bee Wilson. It’s a popular history of food adulteration. Fascinating stuff.
6. Describe your mood.
7. Describe the last time you were injured.
It’s been a while. Probably when I pinched a nerve bouncing Henry to sleep (he was a big baby).
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?
Jen. We could find something to pass the time, I’m sure...
9. Rock concert or symphony?
How about a library?
10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone? The number? (We'll just say "hi" - promise.)
It’s a photo of mine. Some trees and some clouds. The number? I honestly can’t remember it.
11. Favourite soda?
I refrain these days. If I allowed myself though, it would be a sharp ginger beer.
12. What type of shirt are you wearing?
A nice and casual short sleeve shirt. I’m not paid enough to wear business shirts.
13. If you could only use one form of transportation?
14. Most recent movie you have watched in a theatre.
I have actually seen one lately! The first in years, actually. It was (in Australia) The Pirates! Band of Misfits (which was titled The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists everywhere outside of Australia and the US). We liked it.
15. Name an actor/ actress/ singer you have had the hots for.
Mel Gibson (in Mad Max)/ Irene Jacob (in Three Colours: Red/ Sabrina (and friends) in that video clip for Boys (Summertime Love).
16. What’s your favourite kind of cake?
At the moment, it’s a carrot and ginger special that I do.
17. What did you have for dinner last night?
A hearty winter’s vegetable soup.
18. Look to your left, what do you see?
A photo of Ezra grinning at me.
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
It depends on the shoe. Some I do, some I don’t. Today I have boots on, so untying is required.
20. Favourite toy as a child?
It’s hard to go past a decent footy or a cricket bat and ball.
21. Do you buy your own groceries?
Yes. Who else would?
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I certainly hope so!
23. When was the last time you had gummy worms?
I’m not sure that I ever had.
24. What’s your favourite fruit?
Probably a ruby red grapefruit. Or fresh raspberries. Or blueberries. Or black berries. Or a decent banana. I like fruit. It’s hard to narrow it down to one.
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
No. I’m not very good at cartwheels. Never have been.