Tuesday, July 10, 2012
If honour were profitable, everybody would be honourable.
A house and a mountain. The view from Bath Street, Battery Point. June 2012.
More questions more answers. This week, The Imaginary Meme, Part Five.
81. What’s your favourite action movie?
82. Have (or are) you ever been involved someone much older than you?
Not for any more than a few hours.
83. Do you believe in lust at first sight?
Isn’t that the very definition of lust?
84. Favourite type of venomous snake?
85. Do you drink alcohol?
86. If you wanted to talk to someone who'd lift your spirits, who'd you call?
87. What do you wear to feel sexy?
As little as possible.
88. Do you like to learn?
I love to learn. If you’re not learning, you’re dead.
89. Have you ever been hit on by someone who really overestimated their attractiveness?
A number of times. When I was a younger fellow I used to take great delight in pointing out that fact to them. Yes, I was a cruel bastard.
90. Where did you last go on vacation?
When we went to Burnie in February, I guess.
91. Dallas (as in J.R. & Bobby) returns this week. What film or TV series would you loved to be resurrected?
I prefer to just leave things in their own proper place. Have we really become so bereft of ideas that every second-rate film or TV show from the 70s and 80s is worthy of a few million bucks reworking it?
92. Explain your karma beliefs.
“Non-existent”. Anyone that has any experience in the world and thinks that anybody gets what they deserve in life (for good and bad) must not be paying attention. [Yes, I’m having one of those weeks.]
93. When do you think that you have a hard life?
There are moments when I am tempted to feel sorry for myself, then I give myself a good, hard slap and remind myself of the poor bastards all around the world who really do have it tough.
94. Favourite comic strip?
All time? Peanuts.
95. Have you ever broken a heart?
96. Should pot be legalized?
I’ve answered this one a number of times. [See 6.]
97. Have you ever gone skinny dipping with someone that you shouldn't have?
That’s not a decision that ‘d ever be likely to make.
98. What do you do when you're down?
Withdraw into myself. Very helpful, I know!
99. Last time you were really angry?
Sunday night. There is something about the ingratitude and rudeness of children when you’ve slogged for hours doing nothing but catering to their needs. A familiar tale, I am sure.
100. What is your favourite flavour in general?
I like spice and I like tartness. It’s a toss-up between the bite of a jalapeño and the zip of a lemon.