Tuesday, July 03, 2012
Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
Lines. East Derwent Highway, Geilston Bay. June 2012.
And yes we are continuing our slog through the Q and A shamelessly stolen from Sunday Stealing. This week, The Imaginary Meme, Part Four
61. Ocean or pool?
It depends on the weather. If it’s too cold I am heading to the pool.
62. Fridays or Ruby Tuesdays?
Fridays, although I don’t mind The Rolling Stones.
63. Did you want to go to college?
Again? I wouldn’t rule it out, but it is probably a longshot.
64. What did you buy last time at a mall?
Some presents for Ezra.
65. Which close friend have you known the longest?
It depends on how you define ‘close’. Probably my wife.
66. Why do you like the music you do?
Because it makes me feel something that I like feeling.
67. Do you read much?
I read all the time. I love reading.
68. Favourite country?
At the moment I have a hankering for Finland.
69. What is something you wish you were better at?
70. What’s your favourite album/ CD?
This is a very tricky question. In terms of the one that had the biggest impact and has consistently stayed with me, I would have to nominate Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
71. What's a good dinner order?
Something involving octopus.
72. Planes or boats?
73. One rumour that’s been spread about you:
That I’m an incredibly good lover.
74. Who is your newest friend?
Some of the kids at Auskick are very nice.
75. Have you ever sat on a rooftop?
Lots of time. You could pick up the radio and television from Melbourne while sitting on the roof in Burnie in the summers of my childhood. Try explaining that to the children of the gizmos and gadgets generation...
76. Was your last text useful?
Yes it was.
77. Favourite soda?
I don’t drink fizzy drinks any more. I do like a nice sharp ginger beer though.
78. Do you like yourself?
Increasing less so.
79. The worst weather: Hot or cold?
Any time that it is excessively grey gets me down. I can handle hot or cold as long as I have a big blue sky above me.
80. Do you play an instrument?
I play a number of instruments very, very badly.