Tuesday, August 14, 2012

All objects lose by too familiar a view.


Seeds. Princes Street, Sandy Bay. July 2012.

Another Tuesday, another Q and A. Another stolen from Sunday Stealing. This week, The Useless Questions Meme.

If you have any questions (useless or otherwise), I'm always up for answering them!

  • Have you ever written a song?

  • I’ve written poems that could be presented as songs, but no, I’ve not explicitly written a song.

  • Have you ever been in the opposite sex's public toilet?

  • Many years ago now. It’s not that exciting.

  • Are you superstitious?

  • Not in the least bit.

  • What's the most daring thing you've done?

  • Having children. By a long stretch.

  • Did you have a baby blanket? Do you still sleep with it?

  • I assume that I did. I do have a blanket that I used as a child. It’s on Ezra’s bed at the moment.

  • Have you ever tried to cut your own hair? If yes, how’d it work out?

  • No. That would not be a wise thing to attempt.

  • Have you ever sleepwalked?

  • Not to my knowledge.

  • If you could be any age, what age would you be?

  • Twenty-four was a good age.

  • What is your dream car?

  • A car that drives itself, has a job that brings in an income (allowing me to retire) and can make me a decent cup of coffee.

  • What is your favourite cartoon of all time?

  • One of The Simpsons or Family Guy. It really depends on my mood.

  • If you were in a car sinking in a lake, what would you do first?

  • Compose myself and work out an exit strategy. Then, I’d take a bloody great big breath!

  • Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?

  • Fortunately I have never had too. I’m not too sad about missing that particular pleasure.

  • How many foreign countries have you visited?

  • In order (not counting airports): Australia, the UK, France, Italy, Austria, the Czech Republic, and Germany.

  • If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float?

  • I am led to believe that you are supposed to go flat and very still.

  • Do you talk in your sleep?

  • I hope not!

  • Have you ever slipped in the bathtub?

  • Yes, but never to any unfortunate end.

  • If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would it be?

  • Someone nice. I don’t find celebrity all that interesting, to be honest.

  • Have you ever re-gifted?

  • All the time. Why not?

  • If you could attend an Olympic Event, what would it be?

  • Something with as few people present as possible. Maybe a quiet stretch of the marathon or cycling somewhere. In the sunshine. Neither Olympic or crowds of people are my bag either...

  • If you could participate in an Olympic Event, what would it be?

  • The read-a-thon.


  • If you won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store, which store would you pick?

  • This is a good question. Any decent department store should cover all basis, a Harvey Norman, Myer or some such.

  • What do you think is your best feature?

  • One of my legs, eyes or brain. It depends on what you’re looking for.

  • If you were to win an Oscar, what kind of movie would it be for?

  • A dismal and cold Eastern European-inspired tract on oppression and man’s inhumanity to man.

  • Which of the five senses is most important to you?

  • They’re all very important. I’m not certain that I’d like to pick one over another.

  • Would you be a more successful painter or singer?

  • I’m not much of a singer, but I have more chance at that than painting!

  • How many years will/did you end up going to college?

  • Too many years! It depends on how you look at it. My CV says twelve years, there was a period dominated by teaching on the back end though (2002–7).

  • Have you ever had surgery?

  • A few times. Nothing too serious.

  • What do you like to collect?

  • Ideas.

  • How many collectibles do you have?

  • No formal ‘collectibles’ that I can think of.

    2 comments:

    jen said...

    Only one leg? I like both of them.

    Kris said...

    They are sore legs.