Grass will grow. East Derwent Highway, Lindisfarne. August 2012.
As you know, the Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (and RSS feeds.) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning...
- Bare necessity? The public health implications of removing pubic hair.
- France faces up to her past.
- Allowed itself to be tied to one man's (anti-American) agenda. Overpromised on leaks it never delivered, overhyped ones it did. Cavalier in not redacting dissidents' names. Once seemed a game-changer; now a one-man soap opera... How WikiLeaks Blew It.
- It seems quite simple really. How is rape defined in different countries?
- It's not about the outcomes... Gillard and Abbott’s ‘race to the top’ to support private schools.
- On that: The membrane that surrounds the political debate over school education policy is highly resilient. In this bubble, there are a number of verities, established during the Howard era, when Commonwealth school funding was skewed increasingly towards the private sector. Our leaders in epic fail on education.
- Why George Orwell is as relevant today as ever.