Skip to main content

A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve.


Walking home from work. The Tasman Bridge (over the Derwent River Estuary). September 2012.

Theme Thursday?

While I don't mind CONVERSATIONS, I can't help but feel that the inevitable disputes, arguments and (occasionally) scuffle ruin it for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a decent bloke, but when I'm ropeable, when I'm spewin', I'm as cross as a frog in a sock. One cross word and I am as mad as a cut snake.

I like a yabber, but not with a galah. Fruit loops, dills and nongs normally get me to do me block. I give 'em a fair crack of the whip! If yer fair dinkum, you'll get a fair go. If you've got tickets on yourself, hooly-dooly, we'll have ourselves a blue on.

I won't have ya playing sillybuggers. Rat bags can pull ya heads in. You can rack off. But usually they sit there like a stunned mullet with a shut gob. Sometimes they'll have a whinge, sometimes they'll go walkabout. That's right, they'll spit the dummy and shoot through.

Usually, she'll be right. Unless they're a sandgroper or a seppo, of course. Big noters. You've got bucklys chance and by the time they've cooled off they'll be at the back of Bourke.

Follow?

Comments

smudgeon said…
This reminds me slightly of the Monty Python sketch with the WWI pilots and their banter. But, unlike that sketch, I understand your banter all too well.

Cripes.
Roddy said…
I'm actually ahead of you. Gooses leave me wanting.
Is money that tight that you have to walk home?
Roddy said…
I'm actually ahead of you. Gooses leave me wanting.
Is money that tight that you have to walk home?
Brian Miller said…
oy, i need a translator...but its fun to listen to...smiles....nice pic of you...and great title...nice truth in it...
joanne said…
I know that wasn't English! But I think I got your drift.....
Mary said…
OK, so you have used Aussie terms. I am in need of a translator too. Smiles.
Susan said…
Do they all mean the same thing? They all have the same rhythm and I feel I have it, just like Jabberwolky, "Don't get me wrong, I'm a decent bloke, but when I'm ropeable, when I'm spewin', I'm as cross as a frog in a sock. One cross word and I am as mad as a cut snake." I have never seen a frog in a sock--o, I can imagine--but the rest rings bells.
Mrsupole said…
I tell you all the time that you are a handsome devil and I will not follow you across that bridge.

I was laughing through most of this and since my MIL was Canadian I could understand most of what was said. Her favorite word was sillybuggers or just buggers. My girls were little buggers when they misbehaved.

And quit your yabbering was another one.

Happy Theme Thursday. Hope you are having a great weekend.

God bless.
SH -ic said…
oh your eldsest looks like you ..hello kris

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary