Flowers. Launceston City Park. July 2012.
As you know, the Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (and RSS feeds.) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning...
- Here's Peter Singer's take on an old theme: how far should the state limit our freedom to protect us from our selves?
- Shit Apple Fanatics Say...
- Anne Summers presents a rather disturbing account of the misogynistic attacks currently being waged on Australia's female Prime Minister (some NSFW content on this one).
- Minnesota Vikings' Chris Kluwe takes on anti-gay marriage politician. My favourite bit of his reply? "...I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster."
- Did you know that more than $16,000,000,000,000.00 of public monies have been secretly given out to banks and corporations over the past few years?
- Where does morality come from? Is it innate in babies, or is it learned? For centuries people assumed that this was an either/or question. But recent psychological research suggests the answer lies somewhere in the middle...
- Headline of the year? "Why I stuck a cracker up my clacker!"
- In Search of the Living, Purring, Singing Heart of the Online Cat-Industrial Complex.