Skip to main content

Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.


I see the light! Davey Street, Hobart. August 2012.

Sunday Stealing: The 88 Meme

1. What type questions do you hate on a meme?

Anything that involves ‘celebrities’ or ‘dating’ or ‘dating celebrities’.

2. If you married the last person you texted, what would your last name be?

What a profoundly stupid question.

3. Were you happy when you woke up today?

No. I still felt sick.

4. When were you on the phone last? And with who?

I rang Henry’s school to let them know that, like me and work, he was too sick to go in.

5. Who are you excited for?

I am excited for Henry, who hopefully will receive some recognition for reading the most books of any Lindisfarne North Primary School student during the Premier’s Reading Challenge.

7. Honestly, who was the last person to tell you they love you?

Ezra. He had just been told off, mind you.

8. What's the last thing you put in your mouth?

A toothbrush.

9. Have a best friend?

I married her.

10. Were you ever or are you scared to fall in love?

What a silly thing to be scared about. Worse things happen at sea.

11. Do you think teenagers can be in love?

Of course they can. Doesn’t make it any less silly though…

12. Last person you wanted to punch in the face?

Oh that is a long, long looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list. Put it this way, if I let my inner caveman out, I’d be punching three or four people a day in the face.

13. What time is it right this second?

20:22.

14. What do you want right now?

To eat as many sausages as I’d like to without feeling guilty.

15. Who was the last person you took a picture with?

Henry and Ezra, of course! Henry was not so keen though.

16. Are you single/ taken/ heartbroken/ or confused?

My heart belongs to another.

17. When was the last time you cried?

I can’t be certain, but I suspect that it was when reading How the Soldier Repairs the Gramophone by Saša Stanišić.

18. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

You would probably have to ask them. It depends on one’s yardstick.

19. Do you find it hard to trust others?

I try to keep my dependence on others to a minimum.

20. How fast does your mind change?

Slowly. Generally after a sustained period of reflection.

21. I bet you miss somebody right now. Who is it?

You know, I’m not certain that I do…

22. Can you honestly say you're okay right now?

I feel like crap, to be frank. That’s all about this cold though, and not some existential crisis. I’ve had that and moved on.

Comments

Kris McCracken said…
Ai-je trop demander?

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary