Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.
I see the light! Davey Street, Hobart. August 2012.
Sunday Stealing: The 88 Meme
1. What type questions do you hate on a meme?
Anything that involves ‘celebrities’ or ‘dating’ or ‘dating celebrities’.
2. If you married the last person you texted, what would your last name be?
What a profoundly stupid question.
3. Were you happy when you woke up today?
No. I still felt sick.
4. When were you on the phone last? And with who?
I rang Henry’s school to let them know that, like me and work, he was too sick to go in.
5. Who are you excited for?
I am excited for Henry, who hopefully will receive some recognition for reading the most books of any Lindisfarne North Primary School student during the Premier’s Reading Challenge.
7. Honestly, who was the last person to tell you they love you?
Ezra. He had just been told off, mind you.
8. What's the last thing you put in your mouth?
9. Have a best friend?
I married her.
10. Were you ever or are you scared to fall in love?
What a silly thing to be scared about. Worse things happen at sea.
11. Do you think teenagers can be in love?
Of course they can. Doesn’t make it any less silly though…
12. Last person you wanted to punch in the face?
Oh that is a long, long looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list. Put it this way, if I let my inner caveman out, I’d be punching three or four people a day in the face.
13. What time is it right this second?
14. What do you want right now?
To eat as many sausages as I’d like to without feeling guilty.
15. Who was the last person you took a picture with?
Henry and Ezra, of course! Henry was not so keen though.
16. Are you single/ taken/ heartbroken/ or confused?
My heart belongs to another.
17. When was the last time you cried?
I can’t be certain, but I suspect that it was when reading How the Soldier Repairs the Gramophone by Saša Stanišić.
18. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
You would probably have to ask them. It depends on one’s yardstick.
19. Do you find it hard to trust others?
I try to keep my dependence on others to a minimum.
20. How fast does your mind change?
Slowly. Generally after a sustained period of reflection.
21. I bet you miss somebody right now. Who is it?
You know, I’m not certain that I do…
22. Can you honestly say you're okay right now?
I feel like crap, to be frank. That’s all about this cold though, and not some existential crisis. I’ve had that and moved on.