Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.
Ramus. St David's Park, Hobart. July 2012.
A belated Q and A, again stolen from Sunday Stealing: The 88 Meme: The Last Part!
69. Song you're thinking of right now?
Even the Bad Times Are Good by The Tremeloes.
70. Want someone back in your life?
71. Will tomorrow be better than today?
It is extremely unlikely.
72. What's the colour of the underwear you are wearing?
Black, with a white waistband.
73. Who was the first best friend that you ever had?
I’ve never really been a ‘best friend’ type of fellow. If I am honest, it would probably be my wife.
74. How do you react when someone disappoints you?
Usually with disappointment. There’s a resignation to the fact that people generally let you down.
75. Is there anyone who understands your sexuality?
I’m not even certain that I understand it!
76. Are you a naturally happy person? Or is your happiness forced?
I don’t ‘force’ those moments that I am happy (or appear to be), but I would say that my true nature is not a particularly ‘happy’ one. I suspect that there is an innate pessimism there.
77. Is there anyone you wish would fall in love with you?
78. What do you wear when you sleep?
Most of the year I sleep as naked as the day as I was born. However, in winter, I’ll often wear a t-shirt or singlet.
79. Are you obsessed with something right now?
I have developed reasonably complex plans for some experimental long exposure night photography that just lack a subject!
80. The first person you loved is?
81. Something terrible happened with you?
Did it? When?
82. You are locked up with your celebrity crush for days, what happens?
I really do detest the fixation with celebrity that people have. For the record, ‘celebrities’ hold no interest – sexual or otherwise – for me.
83. If you could wish something, what would it be?
A little more peace and quiet. And somehow, somewhere, that I come into enough money to do something that I’d really rather be doing.
84. Ever try to force someone to do something?
Adults? Not really. I do try and convince people to reflect a little more critically on their own assumptions. Sometimes that might border on force. That said, if we’re talking about small children, then yes, all the time.
85. When you are alone, what do you think about?
Lots of things.
86. How was your first sex?
Uninspired and second-rate.
87. What's your favourite music genre?
My tastes are too diverse to pick one type. I’m going to have to squib this one. I don’t like jazz though.
88. Are you happy I only wrote 88 questions?
I’m not too fussed.