Skip to main content

The world of knowledge takes a crazy turn when teachers themselves are taught to learn.


Peek through the rails. From the Tasman Bridge, looking south. September 2012.

So it is Tuesday, which usually means stealing from Sunday. This week: The 88 Meme, Part Three!

46. What are your LEGAL initials?

K.J.M.

47. Who's the first B in your contacts?

Ben is.

48. When was the last time you laughed really hard?

After a thoroughly unkind impression that I did of someone else. My laughter was in response of someone else’s response, for the record, not my own performance.

49. Your number 1 top friend walks out of your life, do you go after them?

Absolutely.

50. Explain your last awkward moment?

Failing to explain a relatively straightforward concept to someone after three of four good tries. It was only awkward in the sense that someone’s stupidity was very clearly exposed to a roomful of people (who all immediately grasped the point).

51. Are you afraid of the dark?

No. Sometimes I have found myself afraid of the things that might be lurking in the dark (i.e. an unlit, secluded corner at night in the underground tunnels around Prague’s main rail terminus). Not the dark itself, though.

52. Do you have good vision?

When I have my glasses on I do!

53. Have you ever tripped someone?

Oh, a few times. It can be a useful trick.

54. Have you ever slapped someone?

Not for a very long time…

55. Are you Irish?

No I am not.

56. Do you use chap stick?

On occasion. If I require it.

57. Do you have any scars?

I have a few. Nothing horrific or accompanied by a rip-roaring anecdote though.

58. Is there someone you will never forgive?

There’s a few of them.

59. Are you dating the person you last held hands with?

You shouldn’t ‘date’ your son!

60. Name the last person to text you?

Jennifer.

61. Would you marry someone 8 years older than you?

I’m not sure that Jennifer would like that. In terms of romantic liaisons, I’m terribly conservative and don’t stray too far from my age range.

62. Can you go in public looking like you do?

I usually do. I eschew disguises, masks and lack the requisite camouflage to succeed in doing otherwise.

63. Have you ever kissed someone whose name started with a A?

I believe that I have, yes.

64. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

I sleep on the right side, which ¬– funnily enough – also the correct side!

65. What's the first thing you'll do on your wedding day?

I’ve already had my wedding day!

66. Do you fall for people easily?

Not at all. I’m a slow burn kind of guy.

67. Has anyone put their arms around you in the past 5 days?

Three people have.

68. Do you miss the way things used to be?

Nostalgia can be a dangerous beast. When I really think about it, the past ain't all it's cracked up to be!


Peek over the rails. From the Tasman Bridge, looking south. September 2012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral