Skip to main content

The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.


Signs. Tasman Highway, just off the Tasman Bridge. November 2012.

Sunday Stealing and we're still trying to figure out who I am with the series Who Are you? Part 3 & 4 – Is it over yet?

34. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?

Being born seems important.

35. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Not murdering anybody.

36. What is your greatest regret?

Not murdering anybody. Not backing myself earlier.

37. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

I've not done anything even remotely 'evil'.

38. When was the time you were the most frightened?

When I found out that I was to be somebody's father.

39. What is your best memory?

Anything involving sunshine and bare breasts is good.

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?

I'm a rather confusing mix of the two, but with pessimistic leanings.

41. What is your greatest fear?

Mutant armour-piercing snakes with short fuses and no time for Continental political philosophy.

42. What are your religious views?

"None of the above".

43. State a random opinion?

Bisexuals are just plain greedy.

44. What are your views on sex?

I'd like more.

45. Are you able to cook?

I'd like to think so. I enjoy cooking.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?

What's with the fixation on 'evil'. I'm not certain that I believe in the concept. In terms of what I don't like, I really, really don't like rapists.

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?

Don't be so silly.

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?

Letting go.

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?

Probably too honest for my own good.

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

Of course I do! I'd like to think that I'm reasonably aware of them though.

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?

I won't sell out my core principles for personal gain. Why? Probably because I'm a mug and I'd struggle to sleep at night. Has it limited my options career-wise? My oath it has.

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

To protect my kids. Hopefully I wouldn't have to die though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut