Skip to main content

Golf is more fun than walking naked in a strange place, but not much.


Leaving on a jetsea plane. In front of Mount Wellington, Hobart. December 2012.

Theme Thursday today and it's all about the IMAGINATION.

You know, IMAGINATION. Flying pigs. Alien abductions. Reward for merit. That kind of thing.

Like this plane.

Chartered by an "Ashok Kumar" out of the city of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh, the plane was loaded with a collection cheap plaster statutes of the oft-overlook Saint Chrysogonus. Naturally, people viewed Kumar's actions with suspicion. After all, what would the son of an impoverished street poori-sabji seller be doing shipping religious knick knacks at the arse end of the world?

Despite what you might think, Ashok's motives were pure. Well, pure in the sense that love, lust and the desire to disrobe in front of the extraordinarily beautiful and nubile young seamstress from next door is an entirely reasonable motivating force in the life of any young man.

Obviously, you need to shift an awful lot of curried treats to purchase the kind of car, watch and mobile phone combination capable of turning the eye of the loveliest lass in all of the entire northern province. Too much. So when a couple of well groomed street toughs offer you a chance to turn a tidy profit through the process of accompanying a couple of gross icons of the man martyred in Aquileia during the Persecution of Diocletian, Ashok knew what he had to do.

All you need is a bit of motivation, and a little IMAGINATION.

Comments

Pratibha said…
i really like this. fun !
Mrsupole said…
Hi Kris,

Yes, love, lust, desire, and disrobing are really what is so important in the life of all young lovers. And the motivation that comes from one's imagination to achieve these goals can truly accomplish a lot. I wonder if he was embarrassed to be found out. Too funny!!

Happy Theme Thursday and have a motivated weekend.

God bless.
Flying pigs? I'm with you! :-) Loved the post.

Greetings from London.

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral