Pyrocumulus rising above the south east. Taken at Lauderdale, January 2013.
As you know, the Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (and all the latest bushfire alerts.) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning...
- 2012 Celebrities and Science, the good and bad!
- Women in India's capital are routinely groped, harassed, leered at. The government is indifferent, uninterested. Victims are blamed. Anuradha Roy expands...
- Scientists pitch into age-old philosophical debate about language, meaning and thought: "Maybe we understand language by simulating in our minds what it would be like to experience the things that the language describes".
The Forcett and Dunnally fires, as seen from Cambridge. January 2013.
- As a wildlife photographer, Art Wolfe of course takes pictures of animals. Can you find the hidden animals in these 20 wildlife photos?
- Ignore the headline. On how the internet has unleashed a burst of cartooning creativity. /li>
- On why the Romans loved banter about dildos.
- It turns out that I have four, which is actually pretty good.. How many slaves do you have?