In the footsteps of Charles Darwin. Waverley Wildflower Walk, Bellerive. December 2012.
Let's call this Sunday Top Five Five Things That Just Might Surprise You On This, The Ninety-Third Anniversary Of Poland's Wedding to the Sea!
- The probability that, in a set of randomly chosen people, of finding a pair who the same birthday will reach 100% certainty when the number of people reaches 367. Moreover, 99% probability is reached with just 57 people, and 50% probability with 23 people.
- Researchers from the University of Queensland found that for every hour you watch TV you may shorten your life by as much 22 minutes. Furthermore, it suggested that watching TV could increase your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Bill Clinton only sent two e-ails as President of the USA.
- Nikita Khrushchev "we will bury you" speech that escalated the Cold War was probably a mistranslation. It received as threat to bury the U.S. with a nuclear attack. However, the translation was too literal. The proper sense of the Russian phrase was more that "we will live to see you buried" or "we will outlast you."
- The sun of all the numbers on a Roulette Wheel is 666.