Art #1. Bathurst Street Car Park, Hobart. February 2013.
As you know, the Internet is a wonderful place filled with the rich and varied treasures of the world holds (and RSS feeds.) The following are some things that I've had a look at in the last week. I call this: a Compendium of Click-throughs for Monday Morning...
- This one explores the history of neurasthenia or “invalidism”, a curious mid-nineteenth-century chapter in the story of the emancipation of women.
- This one is a bitter-sweet collection of photographs of Afghanistan in the 1960s.
- Our local museum is now offering a collection of 100 objects that help us understand and explain Tasmania.
- The point of universities? "James' Giant Peach Transport Across the Atlantic", a in the Journal of Physics Special Topics.
- "In the US since 1998, for every time a woman used a handgun to kill in self-defence, 101 women were murdered with a handgun." Women, Handguns, and Self-Defence: A Deadly Myth
- The history of the future in 10 images.
Art #2. Bathurst Street Car Park, Hobart. February 2013.