Skip to main content

We lavish on animals the love we are afraid to show to people. They might not return it; or worse, they might.


'er indoors outdoors. Bellerive Esplanade , Bellerive. January 2013.

A tricky Theme Thursday this week: CONFESSIONS.

CONFESSIONS?

Here are my CONFESSIONS...

1) I don't rate dogs.

2) If someone tells me I'm "nice", I don't take it as a compliment.

3) I think that people that enjoy the television show Friends must be a bit simple in the head.

4) If I can bring myself to forgive, I really don't forget.

5) Even though it probably isn't true, sometimes I am convinced that collectively, human beings have entered their highest stage of stupidity over the past fifteen years.

6) I have been known to truncate a storybook in the evening to ensure a quicker transition to bed.

7) Sometimes if I say, "It's not you, it's me", I really mean "It's definitely you".

8) Inwardly I judge people who take the elevator rather than the stairs very harshly.

9) I'm more offended by Lord Monckton's supremely rotten head than I am his ludicrous scientific beliefs or right wing ideological stance.

10) I think that people who call other people "loosers" [sic] on Internet forums have reached a height of idiocy that one could have only imagined years ago.

Comments

Mrsupole said…
Hi Kris,

I totally agree with you on number 4, I might forgive something but I rarely forget. But I am not sure about rating dogs. I seem to like most dogs although I do think some people go crazy when they treat them better than they do other humans.

Happy TT. I hope you have a confession free weekend that is lots of fun.

God bless.
Carola said…
Great list. I agree with no 1. Television shows are stupid, just wasting time. No. 5 is so true, people in the tram often surprises me.
alan1704 said…
Very interesting list - We all judge those that take the elevator instead of the stairs. The elevator is the most awkward space man has invented. Never get into one unless you have to, you never know where to look and i always end up making some stupid joke.
Catch My Words said…
I actually agree with a lot of your confessions. I too wonder about people who take elevators up one flight when the stairs are right there. I could understand multiple floors, carrying something heavy up, or an injury, but I've see healthy young people do this!

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/02/theme-thursday-confessions.html
Kris McCracken said…
Mrsupole, dogs make me sneeze.

Carola, I couldn't even tell you the last time I sat in front of the TV for more than 15 minutes.

Mametz, I probably should have said that I make exceptions for the elderly, infirm or anyone carrying a reasonably heavy load.
Kris McCracken said…
Joyce, do you ever tell them off?

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral