Skip to main content

It would be bad form for me to describe people I don't know and don't understand.



A great big sky on a great big beach. Denison Beach, Tasmania's East Coast. January 2013.

Another pilfered Sunday Stealing Q and A! The 5000 Question Meme, Part One

1. Who are you?

I’m Me. Who are you?

2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?

1. I’m trying my best. 2. I really just want to be left alone. 3. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you.

3. When you aren't doing memes like this one what are you doing?

One of: working; childrearing; housework; cooking; reading; sleeping.

4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). ?

What level of school? I spent a lot of time in schooling. Classes I liked (high school): social science and English (subject to certain teachers). Classes I disliked (high school): maths; metalwork; music. Classes I liked (university): political theory; history. Classes I disliked (university): philosophy; English.

5. What is your biggest goal for this year?

To make it through in one piece.

6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?

Somewhere different.

7. What stage of life are you in right now?

Acceptance.

8. Are you more child-like or childish?

Child like.

9. What is the last thing you said out loud?

“Well, that would be the bloody stupid thing to do, anyway. Expect them to do that.”

10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?

When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge.

11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?

No. I did box for a few years though.

12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?

I've got to admit it's getting better. It's a little better all the time.

13. Does time really heal all wounds?

Not in the slightest. It simply outlasts us all.

14. How do you handle a rainy day?

With great difficulty. The children now have raincoats though, and I am thinking that this Winter we’ll be testing them out!

15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday flights?

I really, REALLY don’t like dealing with airlines. I might best leave that side of business to Jen…

16. How is (or was) your relationship with your parents?

It is what it is.

17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?

Far too aware, I feel.

18. What is the truest thing that you know?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

19. What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a cross between Viv Richards and Paul Van der Haar.

20. Have you ever been given a second chance?

I’ve been given a number. We all need our fair share of second chances.

21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

Giver.

22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/ mind?

I do try to, but sometimes it is an effort.

23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Children.

24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Children.

25. Who have you hugged today?

My children.

A hattrick!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut