A great big sky on a great big beach. Denison Beach, Tasmania's East Coast. January 2013.
Another pilfered Sunday Stealing Q and A! The 5000 Question Meme, Part One
1. Who are you?
I’m Me. Who are you?
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
1. I’m trying my best. 2. I really just want to be left alone. 3. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you.
3. When you aren't doing memes like this one what are you doing?
One of: working; childrearing; housework; cooking; reading; sleeping.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). ?
What level of school? I spent a lot of time in schooling. Classes I liked (high school): social science and English (subject to certain teachers). Classes I disliked (high school): maths; metalwork; music. Classes I liked (university): political theory; history. Classes I disliked (university): philosophy; English.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
To make it through in one piece.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
“Well, that would be the bloody stupid thing to do, anyway. Expect them to do that.”
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge.
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
No. I did box for a few years though.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
I've got to admit it's getting better. It's a little better all the time.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Not in the slightest. It simply outlasts us all.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
With great difficulty. The children now have raincoats though, and I am thinking that this Winter we’ll be testing them out!
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday flights?
I really, REALLY don’t like dealing with airlines. I might best leave that side of business to Jen…
16. How is (or was) your relationship with your parents?
It is what it is.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Far too aware, I feel.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a cross between Viv Richards and Paul Van der Haar.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
I’ve been given a number. We all need our fair share of second chances.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/ mind?
I do try to, but sometimes it is an effort.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
25. Who have you hugged today?