Sunday, March 17, 2013

See how many are better off than you are, but consider how many are worse.



So you go through here... Fossil Cove. February 2013.

To celebrate today's Sunday Top Five I thought that I'd offer up My Top Five Sentences Found At The Beginning Of The Third Paragraph Of Page 73 In Books That I Can Reach From My Bed!

  • "On 7 March, Hitler signed the directive."

  • "Use an immersion blender to purée the soup in the pot, but only partially; leave some of the mushroom chunks intact."

  • "The boy squatted in the mouth of the cave watching the sun disappear behind the mountains and deep shadows gliding across the valley floor."

  • "That's a horse," I protested; "not a locomotive."

  • "His caresses were so delicate that they were almost like a teasing, an evanescent challenge which she feared to respond to as it might vanish."

I shall leave it to you, dear reader, to figure out which selection belongs to one of A Spy In The House Of Love, The Second World War, Bring The Jubilee, I Am The Clay or From A Polish Country House Kitchen...



...and you end up here. Fossil Cove. February 2013.

2 comments:

Roddy said...

I thought for a moment that you may have let the kids loose with a spade or two. Not a bad hole.

Kris McCracken said...

They ate their way through.