Skip to main content

If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day.



My last snorkel (thus far) of the season. Flowerpot point, Blackmans Bay. April 2013.

Another Q and A stolan from Sunday Stealing: The 5000 Question Meme, Part Five.

101. What does happiness/ joy feel like physically?

A tricky one. It feels like increased activity in the brain's left prefrontal lobe, as well as a decreased amount of the hormone cortisol in the bloodstream.

102. List five things you love starting with the one you love the absolute most.


A Jen, Henry and Ezra [a three way tie].

B Fresh clean air and a clear blue sky.

C An expanse of open water.

D Peace and quiet.

E Floating.

103. How many movies have you gone to see this year?

This year? One. Wreck it Ralph.

104. If you could have 3 wishes... but none of them could be for yourself, what would you wish for?

1) That Jen would get a self-replenishing magic wallet. 2) That Henry and Ezra get lifelong health and happiness. 3) Global peace, love and understanding.

105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense?

I walk. If the weather is right, I'll float.

106. How much money would it take to get you to sell your blog address?

I dunno, a couple of hundred should do it!

107. Have you ever been hunting?

No.

108. Have you attempted this 5000 question meme in the past?

Nein.

109. What do you think of cloning?

Well, we've tolerated horticultural cloning for a good few thousand years, so I'm not immediately opposed to the idea.

110. Do you read or watch TV more often?

Read. There's not much worth watching on the television these days, I find.

111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety?

It depends on the rights and the freedoms. I for the life of me why many Americans are happy to trade off habeas corpus or the right to personal communications but find limitations with regards to machine guns too hard to stomach.

112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive?

[This one might be a little out of date.] Is the thought of an open trial and imprisonment too much to ask?

113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body?

Nyet.

114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV?

Lots of times. Thankfully as a commentator on things, rather than the thing being commented upon!

115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes?

I've never even entered a lottery!

116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?

I've one a few quiz competitions.

117. Have you ever watched The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross (check out this link if you don't know who he is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross_(painter)?

I'd never even heard of it, let alone watched it.

118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living?

My grandparents were 'paper mill worker', 'seaman', 'homemaker' (times two). Great grandparents? No idea. I know that one died in the First World War, but not much about the others.

119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history?

I know that people seem to find having a convict in your family really interesting if it happened in 1780, but somewhat less so if it happened in 1980.

120. Is there anyone you trust completely?

I do trust my children (for the moment).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral