Washed away (nearly). Soldiers Point/ Fossil Cove, Tinderbox. May 2013.
Another theft from Sunday Stealing! The Two Memes in One Meme Meme - Happy Easter!
1: Who is your favourite Musical Artist from when you were a teenager?
I was a teenager for a few good years and consumed a lot of music! The trajectory of phases encompassed U2, R.E.M., Morrissey, The Byrds right through to Pulp and Wilco.
2: Who is your favourite game show host?
Pass. I could even name a game show these days.
3: Who is your Favourite Blog hosting service?
I'm obliged to say Blogger.
4: If you could meet anyone again from your childhood, who would it be?
I can't say that I'm hanging out for any trips down memory lane.
5: Where did you want to live when you were growing up?
Right by the beach.
6: What is the most interesting piece of Trivia that you know?
[Ahem.] Prepare yourself.
At the outbreak of World War One George V of England was the first cousin to Kaiser William II of Germany. He was also 1st cousin to Czar Nicholas II of Russia, the First Cousin to King Haakon VII of Norway plus brother to its Queen Maud. George V of England was also first cousin to Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain, first Cousin to King Christian X of Denmark and first cousin to Margaret, Crown Princess of Sweden. George V was ALSO first cousin to the Czarina Alexandra (wife to Nicholas II of Russia).
In addition, George V was first cousin to Ernest, Grandduke of Hesse-Darmstaht in Germany, cousin to the Grandduke of Mecklingburg-Streliz and was cousin to King Albert I of Belguim. Moreover, he was also the first cousin to the Grandduke Charles of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha also cousin to the Grandduchess of Brunswick, Victoria daughter of William II of Germany. He was also cousin to the Crown Princess of Montenegro, Jutta of Mecklingburg, wife of Danilo, son of Nicholas I of Montenegro.
On top of this, George V of England was also first cousin to Marie, Queen of Rumania, was also cousin to Ferdinand of Bulgaria and distant cousins to the Catholic Royals of Europe.
7: If you could live in any point of history when would it be and why?
There are a lot of potential answers to this question, and my answer wavers depending on my moods and interests at the time. Right now I would love to be able to go back to the period that saw the Neanderthal co-exist with Homo sapiens.
8: What is the most interesting job you have ever had?
Delivering Saturday evening newspapers was an eyeopener.
9. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.
Is middle school high school? I hated high school. Mind you, the combination of very short skirts and awkward stools in science class always presented the opportunity of a glimpse of knickers. There was a time when a glimpse of a girl's knickers was considered quite rewarding.
10. What's your favourite Beatles song?
It's hard to go past Help.
11. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
Cotton shorts and a loose singlet.
12. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
A guest who doesn't arrive!
13. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
No and no.
14. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
A combination of all three. Most learning is only really achieved by multiple inputs and reinforcement.
15. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
Too much makeup. Smoking. General ignorance.
16. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
The saltier the better!
17. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
My union membership card. It's been there for about three weeks.
18. What is your favourite Tom Cruise movie?
I think that the Cruise sections in Magnolia are the best that he's done.
19. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
I don't do such things.
20. Your favourite spring comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)
Berries and fruit.