Late afternoon. Looking north from Lindisfarne. June 2013.
Alas, stealing again from Sunday Stealing. Have and Q and A: The Unlucky 13 Meme
1. On average, how long does it take you to get ready for work/ school/ a day or night out?
2. If you could ask your favourite author one question about the book(s) they wrote, what would it be?
I'm never that keen to spoil the mystique and step inside the sausage factory. I would be keen to ask Antony Beevor for some tales about working in the Russian archives.
3. What do you think is the hardest thing about growing up?
Ensuring that you do the right thing.
4. Who would you rather switch places with for a day: your favourite celebrity, or your favourite fictional character?
I'm not in the slightest bit interested in celebrity. Wouldn't it be more interesting to step in (I dunno) Superman or Iron Man's shoes than some neurotic actor with attachment issues?
5. Who would you rather have point out a flaw that you weren't aware you had: a close personal friend, or a total stranger?
Flaws? What is this with which you speak? How would a stranger know about it if he/ she were a stranger?
6. Do you get jealous easily? If so, what sorts of qualities or characteristics in other people are you most likely to be jealous of?
I do get envious, but not about qualities or characteristics in as much as outcomes.
7. Which version of yourself would you rather have a conversation with: the one from ten years ago, or the one you turn into ten years from now?
Ten years from now. I know what I would have said in 2003.
8. Were you ever bullied in any way as a child? If so, how has it shaped you today?
Only by my brother. I suspect that it manifests itself in an odd aggression that emerges every now and again.
9. What is one fear you would like to overcome in your lifetime?
The fear of irrelevance.
10. What is one food you haven't tried yet that you would like to?
I haven't eaten a lot of bugs. I'm told that they're not too bad.
11. Is it easier to forgive someone for the wrong they've done you or to seek forgiveness from someone that you've wronged in any way?
Seeking forgiveness is much easier than forgiving.
12. Let’s go random: What did you do for New Year’s Eve for the turn of the millennium?
I went to bed early. True story. Slept through the bugger.
13. What else around here have you noticed?
I have noticed that you're increasingly giving me the eye...