Skip to main content

I feel really ambiguous about the psychology of people trying to do good in the world.


It's always easy heading into work in Winter. East Derwent Highway, Geilston Bay. July 2013.

No work for the next two weeks! HOORAH! Let's celebrate with a Q and A. The Wish List Meme, part two

26.) If you had to order from a kid's menu, what would you get?

Do they have squid and chips?


27.) Do you speak any other languages? ?

Nein.


28.) Do you use Twitter?

Sparingly. You can find me here.


29.) Do you go onto YouTube?

On occasions. Click here.


30.) Do you play Angry Birds?

I've played a few rounds. Ezra, in particular, loves it.


31.) Do you like theme parties?

I hate them.


32.) Do you like current cartoons?

Some of them are okay. I quite like SpongeBob, Chowder and Super Hero Squad.


33.) Have you ever cried because you were so happy?

I'm not sure. It doesn't sound like me.


34.) Who would you like to see in concert?

Franz Liszt.


35.) Can you swim well?

I can swim reasonably well. I wouldn't win many races, but an grind out a good few hours without a break.


36.) Ever won a contest?

Not one worth mentioning.


37.) Ever won a giveaway?

I have done that. Many years ago now.


38.) Do you get a full 8 hours of sleep every night?

It's usually closer to seven, but that generally suits me.


39.) What tea do you like?

I'm not a big tea drinker, but I do quite like lemon and ginger.


40.) What mixed drink do you like?

Elderflower and soda water.


41.) Do you shop at Walmart?

We don't have them here, so no.


42.) Do you shop at Target?

Once in a while.


43.) What do you order at your local coffee shop?

A skinny cappuccino, please.


44.) Do you drink bottled or tap water?

Tap. I'm a fan of fluoridation. It's been a boon to public health the World over.


45.) Do you like homemade meals?

I love them. Especially when I make them.


46.) Do you like homemade baked goods?

I do indeed.


47.) Do you shop online?

Increasingly so. We've been doing the bulk of our grocery shopping online for over three years now. I'm unlikely to go back.


48.) Name 3 stores online stores you would like to shop at:

Cripes, I dunno. Somewhere selling holidays, diving gear and flights.


49.) What holiday don't you like?

ANZAC Day has been giving me the shits over the past decade. The xenophobe's day of choice, it seems.


50.) What do you eat more when you're sick?

Fruit. Lots and lots of fruit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut