Skip to main content

Between flattery and admiration there often flows a river of contempt.


Divorcee? Colville Street, Battery Point. August 2013.

PEACE.

Comments

Cathy Kennedy said…
Interesting. Stumbled upon Theme Thursday hop and thought I'd check out the players in hope of linking up next round. It's nice meeting you!

I invite you to link up with me on...
Thursday Thoughts: Parenting, Favorite Age, & Nates

PS: Do you play the Wordless Wednesday (photo display opportunity) hop?
Kris McCracken said…
Cheers, I will pop around and have a look!
Mrsupole said…
Maybe they are thinking that if you are a true feminist then you should not be taking a bus, that you should be jogging or finding your own way around. I think that most of us joined that movement without really understanding the consequences and how it would change the lives of the females around the world. Or that it would be an ongoing battle for the rest of our lives. Just a different battle during this age and time. The battle is not so much in the western countries but more in the eastern countries and the uneducated backwards countries. It is now to just give these women some basic rights and to not be treated like slaves. I feel that this battle will still be going on a hundred years from now. But I also think that the feminists can go too far and that some are so radical that they forget women should have the right to choose how they want their lives to be, not dictated by someone who wants to control them.

What a crazy world we live in. There are just too many control freaks out there.

Happy TT and may you have a warm week with only a few zombies visiting you.

God bless.
Kris McCracken said…
Choice. That's what matters. Whatever the choice.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary