How old are you? Next to the overpass by Lindisfarne North Primary School, Lindisfarne. August 2013.
More Qs and More As. As usual, I've pilfered them from Sunday Stealing. This week, a set of Awkwardly Intriguing Questions
1. What’s something you hide about your personality?
I'm not certain that I do. Perhaps we all suppress elements of our vulnerability or sensitivities.
2. How do you deal with criticism?
Tora tora tora!
3. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?
Scratch my back for more than three seconds.
4. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why?
Capt. John Yossarian.
5. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration?
I've got a few of them. Perhaps it would be wise to just touch my nose and wink.
6. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregiver) do?
Use my full name.
7. Which movie character do you most identify with and why?
8. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
A cheap plastic biro in the eye. Sign, wipe brow and mutter, "Well, they always said that the pen was mightier than the sword..."
9. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you?
"Meine süße kleine Currywurst."
10. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?
I used to enjoy football, but then the Sydney Swans, and then the mass media, ruined it for me. I'm all a bit 'meh' these days about it.
11. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why?
Vættir, of the Jötnar variety. A handsome one. I'm quite complex, you see. As for what I'd want to be? God. That'd be pretty good.
12. Describe your dream library.
13. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like?
Very safe and very comfortable.
14. Do you have any “rules” about food?
Make sure that it is dead first. Also, no nuts!
15. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
It seems a bit creepy.
16. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about?
If I'd be too embarrassed to tell other people why would I write it on an open blog? I'm unlikely to want to do something that I'm embarrassed about doing.
17. Describe a time/ event in your life that you’re nostalgic for.
I'm not really nostalgic for the past. There are moments when I might slip into rueful contemplation over missed opportunities, but that's something quite different.