Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.
Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...
Comments
I did not realize how wide the river is at Hobart. & I just can't get over that I get to see the view over the river during lunchtime in TASMANIA.
On one of my blogs, I am setting up co-contributors and I would be chuffed if you were to consider joining us. Here is the addy: http://one-hundred-strangers.blogspot.com/
It is pretty much explained there ... I am asking a number of other Australian blogger/photographers. I will totally understand if you decline as you are flat tac ... or if you wish to be added but sit on the sideline for a while ... just consider it ... please.
Lovely photos here, by the way. Hope you had a good New Years.
Doc
dunno how you do it with the lack of sleep. Please give people a sign before you go postal!
Tash, it is more an estuary than a river, to be honest. There has been some debate over the name!
Blognote, I am but an honest toiler in the fatherhood stakes.
Julie,thank you, and I will keep it in mind. I am quite shy about photographing random strangers, so will have to overcome that fear!
Abe, it is impressive.
Doc, it should be warming up for the weekend. I had a quiet New Years, which is always a good New Years!
Ann, 40 is just TOO hot!
Kitty, you just do it. Thankfully I don’t operate heavy machinery at work.